Jesuit Universities Humanitarian Action Network Conferences
A cornerstone of JUHAN is its biennial workshop for undergraduate students from the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States as well as Jesuit universities around the world. The conferences are intensive immersion programs that orient students and faculty to all facets of humanitarian emergencies. In June 2008, Fordham University hosted the first conference on "Engaging Students in Humanitarian Actions." The second JUHAN conference was held at Georgetown University in June 2010 on "The Ethics of Humanitarian Action." Fairfield University hosted the third conference in June 2012 on "Global Perspectives on Humanitarian Action".The fourth JUHAN conference will take place in 2015 at John Carroll University. Contact Julie Mughal for more information on the 2015 conference.
Global Perspectives on Humanitarian Action
June 12-15, 2012
The third biennial JUHAN leadership conference was hosted by Fairfield University on the topic "Global Perspectives on Humanitarian Action".
Speaking about her experience at the conference, Fairfield student Gaelle Isazu said "I enjoyed going to the discussions. They were very informative, inspiring and eye opening. Seeing other students like me from across the country and the world, fighting for the same issues and more that I have just been exposed to, lets me know that I am not alone in my dream to change the world."
View the repository with Digital Commons to download materials from the conference.
We sincerely thank the Jenzabar Foundation for its generous support to assist international delegations to participate in the 3rd Biennial JUHAN Student Leadership Conference.
The following students and faculty were named Jenzabar Scholars for the 2012 conference:
- Karla Vanessa Sánchez Avellán, student, Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), Managua, Nicaragua
- Alberto Javier Solórzano Saravia, Professor, Department of Design and Architecture, Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), Managua,Nicaragua
- Gabriel Ignacio P. Alejo, Student, Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines
- Luscinda Gonzalez, Student, Universidad Iberoamericana Ciudad de México, Mexico
- Daniela Herrera, Student, Universidad Iberoamericana Ciudad de México, Mexico