Dr. Sheila Carey Grossman
Professor of Nursing
o: School of Nursing Rm 111
Fellowship, Cinncinatti Children's Hospital Genetics Institute for Nursing Faculty, 2003,2010.
Geronotology Nurse Education Consortium participant, Atlanta, GA 10/07.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education Site Visitor, 2005 - present.
Fellow, American Association of Collegiate Nursing Leadership Program, 2004.
CT State Board of Nursng,Appointed by the Governor, Baccalaureate Representative, 1992-94
AJN 2009 Book of the Year Award. The new leadership challenge: Creating a preferred future for nursing. 3rd edition, 1/10.
Nominee for NONPF Teacher of the Year, 3/10.
Josephine Dolan Award for Outstanding Contributions to Nursing Education sponsored by the CT Nurses Association, 10/09
AJN 2007 Book of the Year Award, Mentoring in Nursing, A dynamic and collaborative process. 1/08
Distinguished Lecturer Award, Sigma Theta Tau International, 12/97- 12/99.; 11/99-11/01, 11/01-11/03
- HRSA PRACTICE: Geriatric Diversity Training for Advanced Nursing Education Grant, Primary Investigator & Director, 9/1/10 - 8/31/11
- Simulation Based Pedagogy: Collaboration and Development between Fairfield University School of Nursing, and Oslo University College, Co- Project Investigator, 9/09 - 5/1
- Connecticut Health and Education Facilities Authority (CHEFA) Grant funded for $99,999.00 Women's Health Simulation Expansion. Project. Pilot Team, 2008 -2009.
- Symptom management of older adults in long term care. Co-PI, Pfeiffer Research Foundation. 2005-07.
- Using Technology for Improved Learning Outcomes. Technology Integration Program for Nursing Education and Practice. Duke University TIP-NEP Grants, Co-investigator, 8/10.