Dr. Min Xu
Associate Professor of Physics
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 119
B.S., M.S., Fudan University, China
Ph.D., City University of New York
Current Research Interests
- Optical physics, light in soft condensed matter (e.g. atmosphere, suspensions, biological tissue and cells): depolarization, decoherence, localization and propagation, mulitple scattering, weak localization of light, coherent backscattering of partially spatially coherent light.
- Biomedical optics: noninvasive imaging; bacteria, cell and nucleus characterization, size distribution and fractal structure; spectroscopic techniques and their biomedical applications; live cell microscopy, differential interference constrast microscopy.
- Stochastic processes and complex systems, statistical physics
- Laser interaction with and munipulation of bio-molecules and nano-particles
- Inverse problems in physical and biological sciences: inverse scattering problems and noninvasive imaging; noninvasive probing mesoscopic structure and dynamics of soft matters, correlated spectroscopy; remote sensing.
- PS 15: General Physics I
- PS 016: General Physics II
- PS 16: General Physics II
- PS 071: Physics of Light and Color
- PS 271: Electricity & Magnetism I
- PS 371: Electricity & Magnetism II
- PS 391: Indepent Study 201009
- PS 392: Theor/Exp Ind Stdy 201101