Dr. Debra M. Strauss
Associate Professor of Business Law
o: Dolan School of Business Rm 2118
- Strauss, Debra M., "Liability for Genetically Modified Food: Are GMOs a Tort Waiting to Happen?", The SciTech Lawyer, 9.2 (2012): 8-13.
- Strauss, Debra M., "The Role of Courts, Agencies, and Congress in GMOs: A Multilateral Approach to Ensuring the Safety of the Food Supply". Idaho Law Review, 48.2 (2012): 267-319.
- Strauss, Debra M., "Achieving the Food Safety Mandate: Bringing the USDA to the Table". Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy 33.1 (2011): 1-47.
- Strauss, Debra M., "An Analysis of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act: Protection for Consumers and Boon for Business". Food and Drug Law Journal 66.3 (2011): 353-376.
- Strauss, Debra M. "We Reap What We Sow: The Legal Liability Risks of Genetically Modified Food". Journal of Legal Studies in Business 16 (2010): 149-177.
- Strauss, Debra M. "The Application of TRIPS to GMOs: International Intellectual Property Rights and Biotechnology". Stanford Journal of International Law 45.1 (2009): 287-320.
- Strauss, Debra M. and Melanie C. Strauss. "Globalization and National Sovereignty: Controlling the International Food Supply in the Age of Biotechnology". Journal of Legal Studies in Business 15 (2009): 75-94.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Reaching Out to the International Community: Civil Lawsuits as the Common Ground in the Battle against Terrorism". Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law 19.2 (2009): 307-356.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Feast or Famine: The Impact of the WTO Decision Favoring the U.S. Biotechnology Industry in the EU Ban of Genetically Modified Foods". American Business Law Journal 45.4 (2008): 775-826.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Defying Nature: The Ethical Implications of Genetically Modified Plants". Journal of Food Law & Policy 3.1 (2007): 1-37.
- Strauss, Debra M. "The International Regulation of Genetically Modified Organisms: Importing Caution into the U.S. Food Supply". Food and Drug Law Journal 61.2 (2006): 167-196.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Genetically Modified Organisms in Food: a Model of Labeling and Monitoring with Positive Implications for International Trade". The International Lawyer 40.1 (2006): 95-119.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Enlisting the U.S. Courts in a New Front: Dismantling the International Business Holdings of Terrorist Groups Through Federal Statutory and Common-Law Suits". Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law 38.3 (2005): 679-742.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Judge for Yourself". Student Lawyer (American Bar Association Publishing) 32.7 (2004): 24-30.
- Strauss, Debra M. "Diversity Begins at Home: Supreme Court Clerkships and Affirmative Action, Jurist: The Legal Education Network (April 4, 2003), online at http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/forum/forumnew105.php.
- Strauss, Debra M. Behind the Bench: The Guide to Judicial Clerkships (BarBri Group 2002).