Dr. Doris T. Lippman
Professor of Nursing
o: Bannow Science Ctr Rm GR18
- Inducted as a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN), 2005.
- Silver Connecticut Quality Improvement Award for Problem Solving for Better Health Nursing; awarded by the CT Quality Improvement Award Partnership, Inc. Based on work funded through a Dreyfus Health Foundation grant, 2004.
- Awarded honarary Order of the Purple Hearrt by the U.S. Military, 2003.
- Installed as President of the Connecticut Nurses Association, 2003.
- Nominated by Fairfield University for the Rosalynn Carter Caregiving Award, 2003.
- Leadership Extern, Sigma Theta Tau International, 1997.
- Bridgeport YWCA “Leadership Award”, 1996.
- Norwalk Community Technical College “Person of the Month Award”, 1996.
- Columbia University, Teachers College “Leadership in Professional and Allied Organizatins Award”, 1994.
- Connecticut State Student Nurses Association “Carol Daisy Award”, 1994.
- Fairfield University “Women’s Studies Award”, 1994.
- Connecticut Nurses Association Diamond Jubilarian “Agnes Ohlson Award” for Outstanding Contribution to Nursing through Political Action, 1993.
- Cornell University School of Nursing “Distinguished Alumnae Award”, 1993.
- Invited Guest of President Clinton to the Oval Office and the Pentagon, 1993.
- American Nurses Association “Excellence in Nursing Award” for State of Connecticut, 1992.
- Connecticut Post “Woman of the Year”, 1992.
- Challenge Grant for School of Nursing Lecture Series. the McKeen Fund. 2004.
- “Problem Solving for Better Health of Older Adults”. Dreyfus Health Foundation. 2003.