Dr. Danke Li
Associate Professor of History
o: Canisius Hall Rm 316
- Li, Danke. Echoes of Chongqing: Women in Wartime China. University of Illinois Press, 2010.
“Education Gender Inequality,” in Education in China, Berkshire Publishing's new China Handbook series, forthcoming, 2011.
“家庭教育决策在中国农村教育社会性别不平等中的含义” (Household Decisions on Education and Its Implications for Gender Inequality in Rural China), in Zeng Manchao and Ding Xiaohao,ed., Efficiency, equity, and Adequacy: Financial Reform of China’s Compulsory Education, Beijing: Beijing University Press, 2010, pp. 131-149. (In Chinese)
- Li, Danke. '"Women's Movement in the Chongqing Region during China's War of Resistance against Japan, 1938-45." Chinese Historical Review (March), 2009. 27-59.
- Li, Danke. "Chinese Physical Education." Encyclopedia of Modern China Ed. David Pong, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2009.
- Li, Danke. '"Gender Inequality in Education in Rural China".' Holding Up Half the Sky: Chinese Women in the Past, Present, and Future. Ed. Tao, Jie; Zheng, Bijun; Mow, Shirley. the Feminist Press, 2004. 123-136.
- Li, Danke. '"Popular Culture in the Making of Anti-imperialist and Anti-Qing Sentiment in Sichuan".' Modern China 30.number 4 (2004): 470-505.
- Li, Dankeand Tsang, Mun C.. 'Household Decisions and Gender Inequality in Education in Rural China.' China: An International Journal 1.2 (2003): 224-248.
- Li, Danke. 'Gender Inequality in Access to Knowledge in China.' The China Review 2.1 (2002): 121-136
- Li, Danke. "Nonagricultural Employment Opportunities for Rural Chinese Women in the 1980s." Spring-Autumn Papers, 1989. 57-80