Dr. Janie L. Leatherman
Professor of Politics & International Studies
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 202
- 2011 Sexual Violence and Armed Conflict. Cambridge, Englan:, Polity Press.
- 2008 Discipline and Punishment in Global Politics: Illusions of Control, ed. Janie Leatherman. New York: Palgrave Macmillan (June).
- 2005 Charting Transnational Democracy: Beyond Global Arrogance, ed. Janie Leatherman and Julie Webber. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. Making Space for Transnational Democracy (conclusions of study)
- 2004 Memutus Siklus Kerkerasan. Janie Leatherman, lead author, transl. by Muba Simanihuruk Subhilahar. Balaksumar, Indonesia: Gadjah Mada University Press (originally Breaking Cycles of Violence -see below).
- 2003 From Cold War to Democratic Peace: Third Parties, Peaceful Change and the OSCE. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, Peace and Conflict Series.
- 1999 Breaking Cycles of Violence: Conflict Prevention in Intrastate Crises, co-authored by Janie Leatherman, Raimo Väyrynen, William Demars and Patrick Gaffney. West Hartford, Connecticut: Kumarian Press.
- 2010 “Conflict Prevention,” with Nadia Griffin. The Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace, Oxford University Press, Oxford, England.
- 2008 "Gendered and Ethical Dilemmas of Moving from Emergency Response to Development in Failed States" (with Nadia Negrustueva), in The Handbook of Conflict Analysis and Resolution, edited by Sean Byrne, Dennis Sandole, Ingrid Sandole-Staroste and Jessica Senehi. Routledge, United Kingdom.
- 2007 Sexual Violence and Armed Conflict: Complex Dynamics of Re-Victimization. International Journal of Peace Studies 12 (1): 53-71.
- 2005 "Gender and US Foreign Policy: Hegemonic Masculinity, the War in Iraq and the UN-Doing of World Order," pp. 103-126 in Sue Tolleson-Rinehart and Jyl J. Josephson, eds., Gender and American Politics: Women, Men and the Political Process, revised 2nd edition. New York: ME Sharpe.
- 2005 "Trafficking in Human Beings: Perspectives on U.S. Policy and the OSCE Context."2004 OSCE Yearbook (English language edition). Baden-Baden, Germany: Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft.
- 2004 "Menschenhandel-Die Politik der USA und der PSCZE Kontext," 2004 OSCE Jarhbuch (German edition). Baden-Baden, Germany: Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft.