Commencement Severe Weather and Close Circuit Viewing Areas
Commencement Outdoor Location
Both the Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement Ceremonies are scheduled to be held on Bellarmine Lawn, behind Bellarmine Hall (A). Please come prepared with appropriate rain gear as the event will be held outside despite drizzle or rain.
Closed-Circuit Viewing of Commencement at Campus Locations
Guests are welcome to view undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies indoors from any one of the locations on campus that will provide closed-circuit viewing (on large screens):
Quick Center (B):
The Black Box
Barone Campus Center (C):
Lower Level Lobby
Gonzaga Hall (D):
Guests can also view graduation ceremonies from TVs in your student's room or the streamed live webcast online. Commencement ceremonies can be found on campus through Fairfield University's own Campus Television Network (CTN) - Channels 64, 68, and 69. For off campus viewing only, the graduation ceremonies will be shown on cable TV station 78 (local access.)
Severe Weather and Indoor Ceremony Location
In the case of severe and dangerous weather (lightening, extreme high winds), officials may choose to move the ceremony indoors, where it would be held at Alumni Hall (E) with closed-circuit broadcast locations in various campus buildings.
- Only two guests per graduate will be allowed access inside to ceremonies held in Alumni Hall (rain tickets have been provided for each graduate.)
- Information concerning such a location change will be broadcast beginning at 6 a.m. Sunday, May 22.
- University officials will notify the public of the change on the Fairfield University website (www.fairfield.edu/commencement) and radio announcements on the following local stations:
WVOF (88.5 FM), WNLK (1350 AM), WICC (600 AM), WELI (960 AM), WEBE (107.9 FM) and WEZN (99.9 FM)
- Information will also be available on the University's Information Line (203) 254-4222
- Guests who don't have tickets for Alumni Hall, can view graduation ceremonies from the Closed-Circuit Commencement Viewing Locations on Campus listed above and shown on the campus map key.