The Homilies, Speeches and Publications of Fr. Jeffrey P. von Arx, S.J.
What is Fr. von Arx's definition of "success"? How does he feel about Catholics and politics? Explore the links below to get into the head of this widely published president.
- Civility and Global Citizenship: November 12, 2010
- Two Cardinals: John Henry Newman, Henry Edward Manning and the Victorian Catholic Church: September 9, 2010
- Commencement Address: May 18, 2008
- Commencement Address: May 22, 2005
- Fairfield President pledges campus-wide effort to increase diversity
- Inaugural Address: October 7, 2004
- "Catholics and Politics," in V. Alan McClelland and Michael Hodgetts, eds., From Without the Flaminian Gate, Darnton, Longman and Todd, London, 1999.
- "Varieties of Ultramontanism" (editor and contributor), Catholic University Press, Washington, DC, 1997.
- "Archbishop Manning and the Kulturkampf," in Recusant Studies, Vol. 21, No. 2, October 1992, pp. 254-266.
- "The Victorian Crisis of Faith as Crisis of Vocation," in R. Helmstadter and B. Lightman, eds., Victorian Faith in Crisis, Macmillan, London, 1990, pp. 262-282.
- "Manning's Ultramontarism and the Catholic Church in Britain Politics," in Recusant History, Vol. 19, No. 3, May 1989, pp. 332-347.
- Progress and Pessimism: Religion, Politics and History in Late Nineteenth Century Britain, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1985.
- "Victorian Ethics of Belief: A Reconsideration," with Frank M. Turner in W. Warren Wagar, ed., The Secular Mind: Transformation of Faith in Modern Europe, Holmes and Meier, New York, 1982, pp. 83-101.