The Homilies, Speeches and Publications of Fr. Jeffrey P. von Arx, S.J.
What is Fr. von Arx's definition of "success"? How does he feel about Catholics and politics? Explore the links below to get into the head of this widely published president.
- Mass of the Holy Spirit: Sept. 9, 2007
- Feast of St. Ignatius Homily: July 31, 2006
- "Catholics and Politics," in V. Alan McClelland and Michael Hodgetts, eds., From Without the Flaminian Gate, Darnton, Longman and Todd, London, 1999.
- "Varieties of Ultramontanism" (editor and contributor), Catholic University Press, Washington, DC, 1997.
- "Archbishop Manning and the Kulturkampf," in Recusant Studies, Vol. 21, No. 2, October 1992, pp. 254-266.
- "The Victorian Crisis of Faith as Crisis of Vocation," in R. Helmstadter and B. Lightman, eds., Victorian Faith in Crisis, Macmillan, London, 1990, pp. 262-282.
- "Manning's Ultramontarism and the Catholic Church in Britain Politics," in Recusant History, Vol. 19, No. 3, May 1989, pp. 332-347.
- Progress and Pessimism: Religion, Politics and History in Late Nineteenth Century Britain, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1985.
- "Victorian Ethics of Belief: A Reconsideration," with Frank M. Turner in W. Warren Wagar, ed., The Secular Mind: Transformation of Faith in Modern Europe, Holmes and Meier, New York, 1982, pp. 83-101.
Connecticut Post blog "The President's View"